What is the Purpose of Title 1 Funding?
The purpose of Title I, Part A is to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging State academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.
The basic principles of Title 1 state that schools with large concentrations of low-income students will receive supplemental funds to assist in meeting student’s educational goals. Low-income students are determined by the number of students enrolled in the free and reduced lunch program.
Title 1, Part A funds are used for:
• Resources supporting educational programs
• State-Certified Teachers and Highly-Qualified Para-Professionals
• Student materials and supplies
• Technology and equipment for student use
• Supplemental programs for Reading, Writing, Mathematics and Science
• Professional Development
• Collaborative Planning
• Parent and Family Engagement Trainings
• Before, After School, or Summer Tutoring Programs